Counseling Services are only offered through Teletherapy (Telemedicine, Telehealth). Teletherapy sessions take place through an secure HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) online portal or phone and are scheduled with your therapist directly following the initial in-person consultation. This is especially helpful for those clients looking for alternative scheduling options and flexibility.
Online counseling (telehealth, telemental health, telebehavioralhealth, teletherapy) is a quickly growing area of mental health care. Teletherapy is a specialty service designed to work around busy schedules, long commutes, and privacy preferences. It is easy, accessible and allows you the comforts of home. It takes place via video call. I am excited to be able to offer online counseling sessions to individuals. Due to licensing laws, Balancing Eden Counseling services is ONLY available for clients located in the state of SOUTH CAROLINA at this time.
Online or phone therapy sessions are not a good fit for you if:
- You are having thoughts of hurting yourself or others.
- You are a minor under 18 years of age.
- You are in a crisis or emergency situation.
- You are court ordered to attend therapy.
- You do not have a reliable internet connection.
While my psychological approach is effective for a broad range of problem areas, I do not work with people with severe and persistent mental illness or those needing between-session intervention.
If any of these describe you, in person counseling will better meet your needs.
Telehealth therapy may be a great option if you:
- Prefer convenient mental health care.
- Desire a stronger sense of privacy.
- Have limited time to leave work for appointments.
- Experience transportation barriers.
- Have health concerns that limit, or prevent you from traveling
TeleTherapy Requirements and Guidelines
- You will need a picture ID or license for verification of identity.
- No driving during session.
- No drinking alcohol during session.
- No recording sessions without therapist permission.
- You will need to verify your location at the start of EACH session in the case of an emergency.
- You will need to verify you are at a CONFIDENTIAL location at the start of each therapy session.
- You will need to verify that there are NO OTHER children or adults in the room during therapy session.
- You MAY NOT be located in another state during therapy because the therapist may not be able to provide therapy in that state.
Here is a video to learn more about on what to expect from a telehealth visit from home.