“The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-recognition award, where bloggers can nominate other bloggers who are super creative, inspire them to grow, and bring positivity to the blogging community.”
I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Caz at Mental health 360°. How nice of her! Thank you Caz!
Caz uses her personal and professional experiences to help raise mental health awareness. She has numerous insightful articles about a variety of mental health topics. Caz has followed this blog and has contributed some of her knowledge and experience as well. Caz’s hopes others can take something positive from her blogging and there is plenty positive to enjoy.
The guildlines for the sunshine blogger aware are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions From Caz:
- Are you more of a morning person or an evening person? I am definitely an evening/night person. I get my most creative moments at night. I normally have more energy at night and feel more alert. Everything kind of slows down at night and I have less distractions.
- What genres do you like to read or watch? I am a huge science fiction and fantasy fan when it comes to my TV shows and movies. When it comes to reading and podcast, I love to listen to anything that is motivating and inspiring. I often read spiritual and self-help books.
- What spices do you like? I enjoy using turmeric and not spice my foods. I take turmeric daily as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Turmeric has the ability to stimulate the release serotonin and dopamine in the brain. Taking curcumin may address anxiety and depression and improve an individual’s emotional well-being.
- What kind of food makes you feel at home? Soul food makes me feel at home. As a African American and as a part of Black culture, south food is down-home cooking that’s been passed down through many generations, with its roots in the rural South. My plate would consist of collard greens, rice, gravy, macaroni pie, yams, dressing, fried chicken, and cranberry sauce.
- What do you enjoy about blogging? I like the exchange. I like to talk about what I know or have experience with and have others to do the same. I have always enjoyed learning from others and feel that other’s life experiences help me to learn more about myself as well.
- What places do you feel most at ease? In my own space. My room is my safe space and my everything else in between. My room the environment that I can depend on to allow me to relax and recharge. On second thought, the beach does have a calming effect on me as well.
- If expenses were no object, would you want to live in the same place all your life or move often? I would want to live in the same place but travel when I felt like it. I like the idea of having a home and a place to come back to. It’s something comforting about having a constant in your life.
- What games do you like to play? I love to play video games. I am a PC and xbox player w/keyboard and mouse. I love first person shooter games, but that is new. My background is in play massive multiplayer online role playing games.
- What is a healthy habit you have? Drinking water, water, water. Sometimes I do not reach my daily goal, but I really enjoy drinking water. I try to remember to bless my water and visualize it healing my body.
- What helps you navigate? My inner guidance system and my intuition. I try to focus on trusting myself to know myself.
- What do you think of clouds? I think clouds are beautiful and are a free as I would like to be.
My Questions for my nominees:
- What is the best advice you have ever gotten?
- What helps you to be your authentic self?
- What is one thing you want to do but have not done it yet?
- What will be your impact 100 years from now?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- What makes you lose track of time?
- What is something in the past you accomplished and feel proud of?
- What motivates you and helps you manage your mental health?
- What is the best compliment you ever received?
- What are 5 positive aspects of yourself?
- What made you decide to be a blogger?
I have not yet to nominate anyone, but would like to update this blog article as time goes on with people who would like to participate. I am new to the blogging world and the person I would nominate, just nominated me.
I want to nominate people I feel who advocate and raise awareness about little known issues in the mental health community.
If you would like to participate, let me know.
Comment below and share you site!